In the past days I’ve had an interesting e-mail interaction with a appledoc 1.0 user who had trouble with extracting documentation for methods of the first named section. Whichever section he would put first, it’s methods were not extracted. It’s a strange bug I’ve never experienced before. He even sent me an example header file and it looked correct.
Not much activity online in the past month. This post talks about what was going on.
As I get more and more reports for issues related to appledoc, and I tend to reply with similar message each time, I decided to write a post about support and news :)
So you’d like to see what has been going on in our labs? We’re now opening Startupizer for beta testers. We’ve already described what the app will do here, so go ahead and read it and if interested, let us know through our contact form on the contact...
I’ve checked several in-app user feedback frameworks, but found Tyler Hall’s OpenFeedback most usable - the code is very readable and consistent and it’s visually appealing as well. However I’ve been missing crash reporting option, so I’ve decided to roll my own.
We’re slowly approaching first beta of our first shareware product - Startupizer. It’s advanced login items handler for OSX. Besides handling login items startup, you’re used to, it allows you to change the order of items, enable or disable individual items and what’s even more important specify optional items startup based on time, modifier keys etc. All this allows you to drastically reduce system startup times while still enjoying automated startup of all items you need at specific time!
In this post I’m talking about appledoc and directions I’m taking it in the future based on feedbacks and suggestions from users.
In a project I work on a need arose to have iPhone like on/off switch including the animation. Since I already use Core Animation for other purposes, a custom layer was immediate choice. I was bit surprised by not being able to find an example on internet, so I rolled out my own. In this post I’ll demonstrate the implementation I chose.
It’s been more than two months since the last post… But despite the site might have appeared deserted, it was very busy two months. Besides some updates to appledoc, the main focus was on website itself (and the first product, but can’t really talk about it at this point… big secret… some more patience for a little more, stay tuned…).
Most modern Mac applications are designed around single window / multiple views architecture. Examples are iPhoto, iMovie etc. Although this results in more streamlined user experience, it brings some issues for the developers.
After several long gaps I finally got some time to finish the remaining stuff on the appledoc utility. It now handles all the tasks I need and results in very elegant code documentation. Check it out!
Allright. So this is the start of this site. Finally… I’ve been so busy over the last months to have no time for preparation of any content. So to speed up the start, I decided to start with a simple blog which I hope will eventually grow into a fully featured web site providing you with content you’ll enjoy.